Dr Chris White, FRANZCP (ret), MACA, MAIPC, Cert. Super. (Manch Univ), AMITAA
I have spent many years helping folk with their personal and marriage problems. With extensive training & in semi-retirement, I do not want these skills wasted. I offer a service at a cost below the "going rate" as I am not working for money, but to help those who cannot afford the "normal" charges.
- t: 08 8344 3837
- email to friend
Dr Chris White Practice Specialty
- Anxiety or Fears
- Christian Counseling
- Dissociative Disorders
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Loss or Grief
- Personality Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Age Specialty: Adolescents, Adults, Elders
- Session Format: Individual, Group, Couple, Family
- Treatment Approach: Interpersonal
- Name: Dr Chris White, FRANZCP (ret), MACA, MAIPC, Cert. Super. (Manch Univ), AMITAA
- Therapist Type: Counselor/Therapist
- Gender: Male
- Fees: $60.00
- Accepts Insurance: No
- Company: adelaidecounsellor
- License #: ABN: 42 405 537 033 - ACA No: 8603 Supervisor No: 1212
- License State: SA
- Years in Practice: 25+
- Education: Univ of Adel (MB,BS), FRANZCP - Psychiatrist (ret), following which I became a Psychoanalyst (also ret.). Then I began part time Counselling, using my 35 years of experience to help folk with their personal and marriage problems, with a good success.
My approach is multi-dimensional - seeing the person as a whole living in their environment as best they can, and helping them using a variety of techniques, including insight psychotherapy, marital and individual counselling as well as CBT.
- 54 Walkerville Terrace
- Gilberton SA
- Adelaide, South Australia 5081
Hours of work
Mon 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
I am situated only 4 Km from the Adelaide CBD on Walkerville Terrace, (Bus No 282), North East of Adelaide, between St Peters and North Adelaide. Drive up Melbourne Street North Adelaide, turn left at the end and then veer right into Walkerville Tce.
Dr Chris White Practice Description
I am a trained and experienced professional counsellor and psychotherapist with both the qualifications and ability to help both individuals and couples with a wide range of emotional, personal and relationship problems, particularly from a Christian perspective.
With many years of clinical practice, I can provide the help you need, and confidentiality is assured. I have a warm, empathic and caring personality, and combined with a highly professional and sensitive approach, I use a wide range of techniques, and have the ability to understand and help you through your time of crisis!
As a former experienced and fully qualified psychiatrist, psychotherapist and psychoanalyst who has now turned to counselling people suffering from a multitude of emotional issues, including not only personal ones but also marriage and relationship problems, I can offer an unique service, yet I do not resort to drug treatment.
I also counsel folk outside of Adelaide over the Internet (Skype) - my Skype name is "chris4white" and I can be contacted by this name, phone or by email.