Mr. Clark West, LMHC, M.Ed
My general theoretical belief is as a Reality Therapist. Reality Therapy maintains that the individual is suffering from a socially universal human condition rather than a mental illness.
- t: 941-366-6900
- email to friend
Mr. Clark West Practice Specialty
- Addictions or Substance Abuse
- Anxiety or Fears
- Chronic Pain or Illness
- Gay Lesbian Issues
- Loss or Grief
- Relationship Issues
- Sex Therapy
- Thinking Disorders
- Age Specialty: Adolescents, Adults, Elders
- Session Format: Individual, Group, Couple, Family
- Demographic Specialty: Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender
- Treatment Approach: Reality
- Name: Mr. Clark West, LMHC, M.Ed
- Therapist Type: Therapist
- Gender: Male
- Fees: Flat fee of $50 per session ( Usually lower than most Co-pay with Insurance); $65 for couples counseling. Most Credit Cards are accepted!
- Accepts Insurance: No
- Company: Affordable Mental Health Counseling Services
- License #: MH # 11848
- License State: Florida
- Years in Practice: 25+
- Education: I have a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications from The University of Alabama. I have Masters Degree in Education with a major in Counseling Psychology from The University of Tennessee in Chattanooga.
LMHC - MH #11848
A flat fee of $50 per session for individuals and $65 for couples. This is usually lower than most Co-pays for many Insurance Companies. I will listen to your issues and together we will find a way to seek a solution! Miracles can happen!!
- 1290 North Palm Avenue, #108 Sarasota, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida 34236
- United States
Hours of work
M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm
* After hour / weekend appointments are possible with prior arrangements.
Office : Suite #108 � 1290 North Palm Avenue, Sarasota, Florida 34236
Downtown Sarasota with plenty of parking
- Codependency Can KILL!!
Codependency is defined as a psychological condition or relationship when a person finds themselves being manipulated or controlled by another with a ...
- Self Defeating Thoughts
Feeling intense emotions is preceded by the cognitive processing of external situations. When you encounter a troubling situation, you first develop a...
- We are as sick as out Deepest Secrets
Many people go through life feeling they have to follow the beat of a different drum. People begin to lose sight of who they are, and they go under co...
Mr. Clark West Practice Description
I am a therapist with over 25 years of counseling experience. The most central ideas in my work are that present unhealthy patterns of relating or coping are developed in relationships; these may be in early formative relationships as well as current marital or familial relationships. Most of our struggles or pain comes from relationships and how we view ourselves and our world.
My theoretical constructs focus on dysfunctional, irrational, unrealistic and distorted thoughts. I strongly believe in authenticity and I encourage my clients to trust and to think rationally. Healing in our life comes when we learn the basis of our identity, and in therapy itself experience respect, trust, and authentic relating.
My approach to problem solving focuses on the here-and-now actions of the client and the ability to create and choose a better future. I charge a flat fee of $50 per session for an individual and $65 for couples counseling.