Mr. Clark West, M.Ed, Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern IMH#8901
My general theoretical belief is based on a Reality and Cognitive perspective with a strong leaning toward a twelve-step program. The most central idea in my work are that present unhealthy patterns of relating or coping are developed in relationships; these may be in early formative relationships.
- t: 941-366-6900
- email to friend
Mr. Clark West Practice Specialty
- Addictions or Substance Abuse
- Anxiety or Fears
- Chronic Pain or Illness
- Gay Lesbian Issues
- Loss or Grief
- Relationship Issues
- Sex Therapy
- Thinking Disorders
- Age Specialty: Adolescents, Adults, Elders
- Session Format: Individual, Group, Couple, Family
- Demographic Specialty: Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender
- Treatment Approach: Play Therapy
- Name: Mr. Clark West, M.Ed, Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern IMH#8901
- Therapist Type: Therapist
- Gender: Male
- Fees: Flat fee of $50 per session ( Usually lower than most Co-pay with Insurance); $65 for couples counseling. Most Credit Cards are accepted!
- Accepts Insurance: No
- Company: Affordable Mental Health Counseling Services
- License #: IMH #8901
- License State: Florida
- Years in Practice: 25+
- Education: I have a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications from The University of Alabama. I have Masters Degree in Education with a major in Counseling Psychology from The University of Tennessee in Chattanooga.
A flat fee of $50 per session for individuals and $65 for couples. This is usually lower than most Co-pays for many Insurance Companies. I will listen to your issues and together we will find a way to seek a solution! Miracles can happen!!
- 1290 North Palm Avenue, #108 Sarasota, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida 34236
- United States
Hours of work
M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm
* After hour / weekend appointments are possible with prior arrangements.
Office : Suite #108 � 1290 North Palm Avenue, Sarasota, Florida 34236
Downtown Sarasota with plenty of parking
- Codependency Can KILL!!
Codependency is defined as a psychological condition or relationship when a person finds themselves being manipulated or controlled by another with a ...
- Self Defeating Thoughts
Feeling intense emotions is preceded by the cognitive processing of external situations. When you encounter a troubling situation, you first develop a...
- We are as sick as out Deepest Secrets
Many people go through life feeling they have to follow the beat of a different drum. People begin to lose sight of who they are, and they go under co...
Mr. Clark West Practice Description
I am a therapist with over 20 years of counseling experience, even though I have been out of counseling for several years being a Real Estate Developer, I have never really strayed too far from the field of counseling. I had my own practice in the State of Tennessee, and I was a Licensed Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) and I was a Nationally Certified Addictions Counselor (NCAC I). I am trained and experienced in doing one-on-one, group and couples therapy. Earlier in my career, I worked in a psychiatric and substance abuse hospital where I worked with adolescents as well as adults and in a private practice setting. I hold these qualifications:
� I have a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications from The University of Alabama.
� I have Masters Degree in Education with a major in Counseling Psychology from The University of Tennessee in Chattanooga.
� I am presently a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern in the State of Florida, completing my 1500 hour clinical requirements with an emphasis on Addiction. I am furthering my coursework to attain my Doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Argosy University.
� I completed a 600 hour practicum working with the prison system in the city of Chattanooga in the Men�s and Women�s section specializing with the addicted prison population.
� I was The Director of Admissions at Addiction Recovery of Chattanooga, responsible for the intake and admission history of a 330 bed facility.