Dr. Jess Preciphs, Ph.D.,
If you are seeking information or services, please DO NOT use email/texting as your primary mode of contact, as email or texting are inadequate for intake communication. PLEASE CALL me for personal contact @ telephone # (937)609-8175. I look forward to talking with you.
- t: 937-609-8175
- f: 937-222-2204
- email to friend
Dr. Jess Preciphs Practice Specialty
- Addictions or Substance Abuse
- Child or Adolescent Issues
- Gay Lesbian Issues
- Loss or Grief
- Relationship Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Age Specialty: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Elders
- Session Format: Individual, Couple, Family
- Demographic Specialty: African American
- Treatment Approach: Cognitive/Cognitive-Behavioral
- Name: Dr. Jess Preciphs, Ph.D.,
- Therapist Type: Therapist
- Gender: Male
- Fees: My fee varies, based on services provided
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Company: Jess Preciphs, Ph.D.
- License #: 3557
- License State: Ohio
- Years in Practice: 25+
- Education: Ph.D.(1978/Univ. of Texas) in Counseling Psychology. Trained at first Child Guidance Clinic in this country(The Institute for Juvenile Research). I am also a trained social worker.
Approach varies, based on presenting issues and needs. My approach incorporates a Rogerian perspective, with highly individualized treatment planning. I can be non-directive or directive, as is necessary to support the therapeutic alliance.
- 120 W. Second Street-Suite 425
- Dayton, Ohio 45402
- United States
Hours of work
Mon 11:00AM - 5PM
Tue 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Wed 10:00AM - 7:00PM
Thu 10:00AM - 6:00PM
Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Office located Downtown Dayton in Liberty Tower(1 block West of Schuster Center). Office location is approximately 5 blocks from I-75(N&S). Metered on-street parking is available; parking garage located directly across from the building entrance.
Dr. Jess Preciphs Practice Description
This is a longstanding Clinical Psychology/psychotherapy practice, with specialities that include children, adolescents, adults, couples/partners, and families. I also have an extensive background as an inpatient psychiatric hospital clinician/administrator, and mental health consultant in educational settings and social service agencies.