Dr. David Amarel, Ph.D.
I have 15 years experience working with individuals & couples of diverse backgrounds, ages, & sexual orientations. Our focus will be on removing psychological obstacles that prevent you from reaching your goals & improving your relationships.
- t: 917-674-4016
- email to friend
Dr. David Amarel Practice Specialty
- Addictions or Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Anxiety or Fears
- Infertility or Adoption
- LGBT Issues
- Relationship Issues
- Age Specialty: Adults, Elders
- Session Format: Individual, Couple
- Treatment Approach: Interpersonal
- Name: Dr. David Amarel, Ph.D.
- Therapist Type: Psychologist
- Gender: Male
- Fees: $110-$160; Out of network reimbursement for many insurance plans (check yours)
- Accepts Insurance: No
- Company: David Amarel, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist
- License #: 015685
- License State: NY
- Years in Practice: 15
- Education: Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, New York University, 2002
My approach is supportive but, above all, pragmatic. I believe an understanding of the past is essential, but positive change occurs in the present. I will challenge you to be an active partner in therapy & to continue to grow outside of sessions.
- 11 Hanover Square
- New York City, New York 10005
- United States
- Brooklyn, New York 11201
- United States
Hours of work
Mon - Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Downtown Manhattan, Financial District , close to 2/3, 4/5, J/M/Z, A/C express trains
Dr. David Amarel Practice Description
My training & experience ranges from psychotherapy & assessment of children, adults, & couples to counseling persons with AIDS & survivors of trauma. Whether you seek to overcome a specific trauma or to break a chronic life pattern, I will strive to meet you where you are at.