Find a Therapist
Share this Article
If you think you or a tribe member may have a medical emergency please call your doctor or 911 immediately.
If ever you are feeling hopeless, suicidal, or simply in need of speaking with someone, there are numerous free and anonymous hotlines with trained operators available.
Suicide Prevention / Depression Support
- US: Hopeline (Suicide Prevention): 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- US: Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-Talk (1-800-8255)
- US: Directory of Local Helplines / Centers
- UK: Samaritans (Nat'l and local): 08457 90 90 90 or email@example.com
- Global: Befrienders Worldwide Directory of Suicide Hotlines
Substance Abuse / Alcoholism
- US: National Drug Information Treatment and Referral Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- US: Alcohol Abuse and Crisis Intervention: 1-800-234-0246
- US: National Cocaine Hotline: 1-800-COCAINE (262-2463)
- US: Al-Anon/Alateen Hotline (for friends and family) 1-800-344-2666
- UK: Drinkline: Nat'l. Alcoholism Helpline: 0800 917 8282
- NZ: Alcohol / Drug Helpline: 0800 787 797
Rape, Abuse & Domestic Violence
- US: Nat'l. Center For Missing & Exploited Children: 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678)
- US: Childhelp (Child Abuse): 1-800-4ACHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- US: Nat'l. Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- US: Safe Horizons Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673)
- US: RAINN Nat'l. Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- US: Nat'l. Center on Elder Abuse: 1-800-677-1116
- US: National Runaway Switchboard: 1-800-621-4000
- UK: Women's Aid Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Global: The Broken Spirits Network: Directory of Abuse Hotlines / Resources
Gay / Lesbian Issues
- US: GLBT National Help Center (Gay & Lesbian): 1-888-THE-GLNH (1-888-843-4564)
- UK: London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard: 020 7837 7324
Pregnancy / Sexual Health
- US: Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-PLAN (7526)
- US: Nat'l. STD Hotline: 1-800-227-8922
- US: National AIDS Hotline: 1-800-342-AIDS (2437)
- US: The Teen AIDS Hotline: 1-800-440-TEEN (8336)
- US: Nat'l. Poison Help: 1-800-222-1222
In the event another tribe member is in need, please forward the above hotline information. Please note, WebTribes does not collect personal information about tribe members and lacks the resources, information and tools to investigate or call local authorities. The above hotline information is the best resource available for someone in need.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES / ORGANIZATIONS
- ULifeline – A directory of resources available for college students— take a self-assessment test; or find your college psych services center.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) – Alcoholics Anonymous is an informal meeting society for recovering alcoholics whose primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics achieve sobriety.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – Narcotics Anonymous similar to AA, is an international, community-based association of recovering addicts.
- Self-Mutilators Anonymous – A community-based association for individuals struggling with self-mutilation.