SEVEN HOLIDAY BLUES BUSTERS
1. Let go of commercialized images of the holidays.
3. Think about what is making you blue. If it is stress-related, lower your expectations and do less. If it is emotional, allow yourself a specific time to dwell on your feelings, then resolve to try to move forward and focus on other things.
4. Think of one gift to give to yourself this holiday season, and allow yourself permission to make it happen.
5. Reach out for support—e.g. call a friend; invite someone you don’t know very well to have a cup of coffee; make peace with an estranged friend or relative.
6. Do something nice for someone else.
7. Practice gratitude.