FIND A TREATMENT CENTERSelect A State
START YOUR RECOVERY STORY TODAY.
Choose a treatment center that fits your personal wellness goals. Addiction recovery is a personal growth journey and choosing a treatment center that works for you can depend on various factors including — time, expense and the level of support needed for a successful recovery. Because addiction is often accompanied by substance abuse, mental illness, and other behavioral challenges, treatment centers typically provide both psychiatric and chemical dependency services to patients across a variety of settings such as — inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers as well as outpatient clinics and community-based education programs.
For many, residential programs provide the needed immersive approach to treatment (including a break from daily life) to set them on the right path toward recovery. However, others may have circumstances that require an outpatient rehab program that will allow them to live at home during the recovery process. Treatment centers offer different levels of care tailored to meet individual needs and circumstances.
LEVELS OF CARE
Choosing the right program can be a critical component of a lasting recovery.
Based on a thorough assessment, your treatment center will create an individualized plan that maximizes your recovery opportunities. For example, treatment may start with round-the-clock care in an inpatient or residential environment and progress through a series of step-down levels of care with the goal of transitioning to outpatient support services. It is important however, to fully understand that all recovery efforts will require your commitment and participation to ensure success in the long-term.
Get started by contacting a treatment center for an assessment today. Search the TherapyTribe directory and choose from a selection of world-class treatment centers by state. Find a recovery program that fits your mental health needs and long-term wellness goals.
TYPES OF TREATMENT CENTER SERVICES
Inpatient Programs: Inpatient rehab is the most comprehensive and immersive approach to recovery and can be the most effective form of treatment for those with severe addition or behavioral issues. The types of inpatient services available can vary and offer patients the ability to choose a program that best suit their personal recovery needs, preferences and budget.
Types of inpatient programs include:
- Detoxification Services: Many facilities offer medically monitored detox. This purpose of this service is to help individuals struggling with substance use to safely manage withdraw and rid their bodies of alcohol or drugs. This is often the first step an individual must take before they can fully engage in treatment.
- Intensive Inpatient Services: Some treatment centers offer at a short-term intensive service to help stabilize an individual with acute symptoms caused by a mental or behavioral health disorder or recent traumatic event.
- Residential Treatment: A Residential Treatment Center (RTC), sometimes called rehab, is a live-in health care facility that provides therapy for a variety of issues ranging from substance abuse, mental illness, or other behavioral problems. Like any form of travel, the style of accommodations available can range from luxury to modest. However, at any RTC all patients will receive around-the-clock care and a variety of therapeutic interventions in a highly supportive environment. In addition, RTC’s often provide live-in patients with complementary wellness activities such as: yoga, acupuncture, job assistance, parenting classes, nutritional support, medication management, exercise opportunities, and inspirational speaker series.
Outpatient Programs: Outpatient rehabs offer many effective treatments options, while allowing patients to live at home during the recovery process. For some this is critical as they may be required to work or care for their families while attending treatment sessions throughout the week. In addition, outpatient programs can be significantly less expensive as there are no fees involving room and board. However, outpatient rehab programs are typically recommended for individuals with milder forms of addiction and can maintain a disciplined approach to recovery.
Types of outpatient programs include:
- Partial Hospitalization: A Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), also called a day hospital, features structured care during the day. Patients participate in a daily routine, including meals and other activities but return home or to an alternative residence each night. Group therapy is often the main treatment method; however, some PHPs also offer individual and family therapy.
- Intensive Outpatient: Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) offer patients the ability to visit a treatment center several days a week for a few hours at a time. Programs have a set schedule in which groups meet and works on a structured set of therapies. An IOP typically last about 90 days and includes drug testing. IOP’s are often used as a next step-down after rehab or a PHP.
- Traditional Outpatient Services: Traditional services include individual, group, and family therapy sessions scheduled per patient as needed. This level of care provides flexible scheduling and therapeutic support for individuals looking to make a healthy transition out of treatment as they reacclimate to their daily life. Regular therapy can be the difference between a relapse and long-term recovery as it is designed to help patients manage negative behavior and create accountability.
Issues that benefit from rehab typically include: Addiction, Behavioral Health, Eating Disorders, PTSD/Trauma, Sleep Disorders, Substance Abuse.