Fort Worth is the 17th largest city in the country, covering about 300 square miles. With such a high population, there are a variety of issues the residents are dealing with. Concerns in this area include poverty and high school dropout rates. The area only has a 49% graduation rate. This, unfortunately, leads to poverty, increasing depression, anxiety, and stress. About one-third of the teens in a recent study admitted to using illicit substances within the month. Not everyone knows what they are looking for when it comes to finding a therapist. There are some questions that you should ask yourself when you first start looking for a mental health professional. Understanding the answers to these questions will help you find the right therapist or other mental health professional.
- Why am I seeking help?
- What are my goals in therapy?
- Am I more comfortable with a man or a woman?
- Are there any personal aspects I'm not willing to discuss?
- Do I want to be able to lead the discussion, or have it led?
- How long do I plan to attend therapy?
- Does my problem need extra specialization?
Read more about therapy. Below is a list of articles about psychotherapy.