I'm here to help you both solve your immediate concerns and live more fully into the strength and beauty of yourself. I'm a compassionate and culturally-competent therapist and counselor, with an interest in working with individuals and couples including on all kinds of issues I believe we can all experience helping people move towards a better and healthier life. I'm trained in DBT, CBT, compassion focused therapy and couples work, and I especially enjoy working with people bringing issues concerning race, culture, religion and spirituality. I offer a free 15-minute consultation with anyone interested in working with me, and I look forward to speaking with you about what you want to accomplish in therapy.
Session Format: Couple, Group, Individual sessions.
Age Specialty: Adult, Elder, Young Adult
Demographic Expertise: Black / African American, Men, Middle Eastern, Muslim, Women clients.
- Compassion Focus Therapy
- Contemplative Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Family Systems
- Relational Psychotherapy
Approach Description: I work with both cognitive, behavioral therapy styles (including DBT, or dialectical behavioral therapy) and relational therapy to help you achieve the skills you want in life!
Education & Credentials
Asha Kadir MHC-LP
- License # MHC-P115307
- Licensed in NY
- Practicing Since 2022
Education: I'm an adjunct professor at Pace University where I am a doctoral candidate in mental health counseling. I have a masters' in mental health counseling from Lynn University in Boca Raton, FL, and DBT Level I training. I have a bachelor's in mental health counseling from Middlesex University, Dubai.
- Average Session Fee 100-150
- Affordable sliding scale therapy: apply if you may be eligible.
- We offer a sliding scale down to $100 for people who do not receive out of network reimbursement with their insurance, if this will help you access weekly therapy. Please ask when you contact us about sliding scale if this applies to you!
- Out of Network
- We are a private pay practice, and our fee is $150. We can submit paperwork for out of network benefits if you have them. If you do not have out of network benefits and need a sliding scale to access therapy, ask us about sliding scale availability. We can slide down to $100 for people for whom that will make weekly therapy more accessible.
Asha Kadir Practice Details
- Available In-Person in Manhattan, NY 10016 and Queens, NY 11372
- Available Online for residents of New York
- Online Therapy Details: through secure video connection
I am a mental health counselor working in private practice in NYC. I work with all kinds of clients, and with both individuals and couples, on relationship issues, anxiety, depression, living with or having a family member with borderline personality disorder or narcissistic traits, family issues, parenting, women's issues and generally with helping people have a happier and healthier life. I'm passionate about providing high quality psychotherapy for Muslims and people of color, in part because I've seen how much therapy and counseling can help and I know something about the stigma people can face that can lead to a reluctance to be in therapy. Whether we share similar identities or not, I have training and life experience to understand different ways that people who do not identify with a dominant, white culture in their own identities can better support their mental health and wellness. I love working with people who are living through and recovering from trauma. I've had training in a number of modalities that are helpful for trauma, and it is such a pleasure to support people in their recovery. My training includes DBT, which uses mindfulness, awareness and interpersonal skills; CFT, or compassion focused therapy, which is good for anyone with issues around self acceptance and self esteem; and psychodynamic, relational therapy. I offer a free consultation by phone and I look forward to working with you towards your goals!
303 5th Avenue
3739 84th Street
Available both in-person and online
2 Years Experience
Couple, Group, Individual
- Anxiety or Fears
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Child or Adolescent Issues
- Domestic Abuse or Violence
- Elderly Persons Disorders
- Life Coaching
- Loss or Grief
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Relationship and Marriage Counseling
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Anxiety
- Social Isolation
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women's Issues
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
9:00 am - 9:00 pm
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Near the N, Q, W, R, B, D, F, M, 7, 1, 2, 3 and 4, 5, 6 trains. An easy walk from Penn Station and Grand Central.